What this SciComm Foster offers
This SciComm Foster aims to discuss and learn the basics of using Blender, open-source and free software to create 3D illustrations to communicate science. The Foster is somewhat technical in terms of understanding the software and using illustrations as a solid driving force for effective science communication to the intended audience. It is a three-day Foster with two live sessions, including a feedback session for the submitted assignments. Here’s what you will learn.
- Introduction to Photography (Rule of thirds, 3 point lighting, depth of field)
- User Interface
- Importing files
- Basics of modelling
This SciComm Foster is for you if you are
- Looking to upgrade your science communication efforts with illustrations.
- An artist wanting to understand and learn the rules of the realm of digital illustrations.
- Any student or researcher in the sciences wanting to learn 3D illustrations for their study or research purposes.
You walk away with
- Understanding the basics of the software – Blender.
- Learn the basic principles of making 3D illustrations.
- Personalised feedback from the mentor on how best you can improvise on your ideas.
- A whole lot of resources to get you started in becoming an independent scientific 3D illustrator!
Here’s what you can do after attending the Foster!
Illustration Credits: Rafeeque Mavoor
Any student or researcher in the sciences can apply as long as their goal for enrolment is to learn to make 3D illustrations.
|For Indians (INR)||Rest of the World (USD)|
|Fee (Inclusive of taxes)||850||22|
|23/06/2021||2000 IST||Registration closes|
|24/06/2021||1800 IST||Extended registration|
|24/06/2021||2000 – 2100 IST||Live Session – 1|
|27/06/2021||2000 – 2100 IST||Live Session – 2|
Please address any queries to [email protected] with the subject line including the phrase – “SciComm Foster 2”.